Home About Me My Classroom Products Freebies Novel Studies Image Map

1 Week until the STAAR Test

I am going to guess that the increase in goofy behavior at school is due to the fact that the kids are anxious about the STAAR test.  They will be taking it in one week.

I can tell it is getting closer; I have lost the ability to sleep.  Visions of what I should have done, could have done, and want to get done, keep invading my mind as soon as I close my eyes.

Last minute tutoring sessions, centers, and advice are taking place.

Unanswered questions are finally being asked and answered.

Confidences and self-esteem are being solidified and reassured.

Administration manuals and lectures are being initiated.

Small group testing is being assigned.

Locks on cabinet doors are being checked for durability and test security.

Standardized testing... the new frontier...


No comments:

Post a Comment